[hpsdr] Beating a very dead horse

Sami Aintila oh2bfo at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 14:53:22 PDT 2008

> At this point, Vista was asking me to help find the drivers; I had not yet
> responded. So, there seem to be four devices added, actually. The VID is
> apparently assigned to VWeb Corp. They have a rather small web site. This
> seems to be an old, probably abandoned, device of theirs. The INF file,
> oem59.inf on my machine, anyway, refers to a driver dated 07/01/2002 and has
> no indication of Vista support - just Win98 and Win2k. However, some of the
> comments refer to EZUSB, so maybe it can be fooled? Further suggestions most
> welcome.

OK, it's a driver conflict. You should probably remove the INF and
other files related to this device.

And clearing the Windows driver cache is also a good idea. I have done
this on XP, but I found some instructions for Vista:
    http://pmhesse.blogspot.com/2007/07/how-to-fix-vista-driver-cache.html
(Looks OK to me, but use at your own risk.)

After a reboot, with any luck, you might be able to install the correct driver.

Sami
OH2BFO