[hpsdr] Obtaining the hardware?

Mike Naruta mnaruta at comcast.net
Sat Sep 13 04:36:21 PDT 2008

TAPR < www.tapr.org > is the group of hams
who are providing boards.

The back-plane, Atlas, is unassembled.
There may be someone who would solder one
for you if you prefer assembled.  You can
ask on this e-mail reflector.

The Penelope transmitter board is assembled
and tested.

I suspect the Mercury receiver board will
be assembled as well.  Mercury went through
prototyping and may be available for ordering
in a couple of weeks.  See HamSDR
< http://www.hamsdr.com/hpsdrlist.aspx?p=7 >
for the status and indicate your interest.
Join the HamSDR group (no fees or obligations)
to see and enter the Projects section.
The project moves to TAPR when it is ready
for production.

The Alex transmit and receive filter boards
have lots of toroids.  Commercial winding of
those may be costly, so there is discussion
of having the parts on Alex mounted except
for the toroids, which the buyer will wind
themselves from included parts.

Also interesting is the Cyclops - 0 to 1 GHz
Spectrum Analyzer and Tracking Generator.
< http://hpsdr.org/wiki/index.php?title=CYCLOPS >
Phil has gotten a prototype working.

Regards,

Mike - AA8K (ex- EL6C)