[hpsdr] Excalibur & Gibraltar

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Thu Apr 2 12:47:31 PDT 2009

Alexander,

As one example of how one can use Excalibur to achieve extremely high
frequency accuracy, I will not be using the on-board Excalibur TCXO
but, instead, I will be using the 10 MHz output from an EFRATOM
LPRO-101 Rb Vapor Frequency Standard module ($70-$100 eBay).  The
LPRO-101 route is one way to avoid using GPS entirely.

But bear in mind that the on-board TCXO on Excalibur will be perfectly
adequate for most users since the TCXO on Excalibur provides dramatic
improvement over the Mercury and Penelope 10MHz TCXOs!  Either way (or
some other way!), all indications so far are that Excalibur seems to
work like a champ!

73, Joe K5SO