[hpsdr] GPS 1PPS board

Henry Vredegoor henry.vredegoor at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 15:28:33 PDT 2009

Hi John, All,

So if I understand you correctly, you trade a more expensive, higher quality
(short term stability) XO and simple cheap GPS/locking circuitry for a
(maybe-) less expensive, lesser quality XO and more complex, better
GPS/locking circuitry?

I am speaking of frequency control as primary use for HPSDR and precision
timing as a nice bonus for secondary use.
I can however imagine that ADC sample time stamping for sophisticated
receiving techniques could require more precise and higher resolution
timing?

73,

Henry.