[hpsdr] Resoldering the ADC on Mercury

Kjell Karlsen la2ni at online.no
Wed Apr 8 09:15:51 PDT 2009

Hello Todd,

As I was the first to mention this "problem" I feel I`ll give some advices.

When you touch the ADC with your finger and then touch the back of the
PCB, (on the pad) do you feel that the temp on the chip is higher than the
pad? If it feels higher, then the soldering may be bad, else  it is OK.

Anyway, if you want to resolder the pad, first apply some Solder Flux
before doing the solder. Use an iron with at least 50W and adjust it for
400 deg C. Try to do the job as quick as possible. The Flux will help the
solder to flow faster through the small holes.

Good luck,

73, de LA2NI, Kjell