[hpsdr] (no subject)

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Wed Apr 15 08:44:35 PDT 2009

The fact that you're unaware of anyone else doing any software
development certainly doesn't mean that no one is doing any.  As a
matter of fact I (and several others too) am actively helping with the
initial development of Phil Harman's KISS Konsole framework code to
run the HPSDR boards outside of PowerSDR.  The KISS Konsole program is
only in its infancy right now but the work is being done (daily)
entirely in C# (as opposed to C, C++, and C# for PowerSDR) so that
more people will be able to make their own changes, compile the source
code, and produce executable versions with current software tools that
are inexpensive.  Since I'm not a professional programmer my
contributions are slow go but I am spending plenty of time on it and I
will see it through to completion because I want to use this program
for radio astronomy as well as HF and EME communications in the end.

Granted, Bill is  certainly a tower of strength for us in his
monumental effort to support HPSDR via PowerSDR mods and I thank him
profusely for his selfless efforts on our behalf in that regard but I
also think there are many including me that would like to have another
realistic option to it, something that we can realistically work on
ourselves to produce specific capabilities that PowerSDR doesn't permit.

73, Joe K5SO