[hpsdr] Thor

Jeroen Bastemeijer j.bastemeijer at tudelft.nl
Thu Apr 16 06:49:55 PDT 2009

Hi Phil,

Thank you for the quick answer! I checked the Wiki on Thor/class
E-amplifier.

The 48V, I opted, is a telco standard voltage, so lots of relative cheap
components are available for this voltage range. The 140Volts is
somewhat more problematic.... at least, not very standard.

A voltage of 48Volts sounds quite reasonable for 100Watts of output.
Having voltages higher than 48 volts for Demeter is not very practical.

Can I make the assumption that when Demeter gives a voltage of 48Volts
Thor is able to produce (approximately) 100Watts of output power? This
combination (HPSDR, Thor and Demeter) would make a nice mobile station,
with a very high energy efficiency!

People who want more power from Thor could use another dedicated power
supply for e.g. for fixed station use. (Seems pretty easy, if it would
be possible to use the rectified voltage of a 115V isolation transfomer).

Back to the drawing board ;-)

73 Jeroen PE1RGE