[hpsdr] Thor

FRANCIS CARCIA carcia at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 17 16:29:02 PDT 2009

Hi,
I just wanted to add a FET pair like the MRF150 running at 30 volts easily makes 100 watts. When you derate the voltage like the mil people do the fet will really take a beating and not get hurt. Harris runs 28 volts on their MRF150s.  One could run up to class A and still make 100 watts. Check the motorola specs in the fine print giving -50 dB IMD3.
frank wa1gfz