[hpsdr] 2 hpsdr questions

Dave Larsen kv0s.dave at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 08:14:33 PDT 2009

Alex --

1. ozy does talt to Linux just fine.  On Linux you must use libusb-1.0
as opposied to the default libusb.  The code to initozy the FPGA and
write to I2C can be found in two places at this point.

svn:206.216.146.154/svn/repos_sdr_hpsdr/OzyJanus-Jack

you will need to get the latest *.hex and *.rbf file from Bill's KD5TFD
Powersdr directory and

The you will need software that runs on Linux (ghpsdr, sdr-shell,
acorn-sdr or java-sdr),  additionally a very nice software that will run
on Linux but does not talk to HPSDR FPGA is MaxSDRII.  This was written
for another radio (qsr1) is a similar hardware.

The current version of powersdr will not be ported to Liunx as it is
written in C# and the linux C# compiler does not seem to be stable
enough to handle the realtime processing necessary.  Powersdr is
borrowed from the Flex people with their permission and therefore
developments for HPSDR are addons.

I understand Flex is in a the process of redesigning their software.

2.  Several people would like to do something like this. Multiple
receivers on one mercury with on antenna are possible.  None of the
current software was designed to accommodate your case.  There is lots
of open source code pieces if you want to take on programming and
multi-receiver Mercury.  Some experiments have been tried with softrocks
and special version of Rocky for diversity radio reception but the
results did not warrant further development.

Hope this helps and I look forward to your contributions to the HPSDR
project.  Links to most of the currently developing software can be
found at http://hpsdr.info/resources.html

   Dave, KV0S

alex wrote:

> 2 questions
>
> 1 does ozy work properly on linux, if not will it once powersdr moves
> to linux as its main os
>
> 2 would it be possible to get 2 mercury's use a synchronized lo so
> that both had the same phase
>
> alex
> m0gjr

Dave Larsen, KVØS