[hpsdr] Penelope Output power problem

Willi Reppel wi.re at telia.com
Wed Apr 22 00:35:59 PDT 2009

Hej Steven,
I received a Penny from Gerd and have a second one from TAPR. My Penny from
Gerd works according to specifications while  TAPR´s Penny gives somewhat
less output power due to wrong placement of transformer T2. Please note that
the slider for drive has two separate settings, namely one for output power
when activating PTT or the cw key and one for TUNE. Normally the output
power setting for TUNE is set to a lower default value by manufacturers.
Please check that the number display of the associated slider for output
power really shows 100 when you click on TUNE and move it to 100 while in
TUNE mode if it shows less.
Comparing TAPR´s and Gerd´s Penny, I can confirm the T2 on Gerd´s Penny is
turned 180 degrees.

vy 73 es gl

Willi SM6OMH