[hpsdr] SDR 1000 and J/O Setup

joetorrey at cablelynx.com joetorrey at cablelynx.com
Tue Apr 21 12:05:11 PDT 2009

I have added more features to my setup. I now monitor temperature, voltage
and current. Also, I am planning on adding the ability to speed up and
slow down the cabinet cooling fan when needed. I have added a 2nd preamp
(20 db) increase when band conditions require additional sensitivity;
along with IF gain increase / decrease that adjusts selectivity (all
controls selectable on main console or by band).
The equipment needed for additional sensors (temp, voltage, current) can
be aquired from phidgets.com out of Canada; everything is very reasonable
in price and there are many variations in equipment. You will need to be
able to "program" a little; I am just beginning programming in C# and was
able to set up the sensors without too much trouble. Also, you can down
load the needed software for C# programming without cost

Joe
WD5Y