[hpsdr] Penelope Output power problem (HELP PLEASE)

Steven Doyle steve_doyle at o2.co.uk
Fri Apr 24 02:22:47 PDT 2009

Hi Graham, Gerd

With the board powered off I can confirm that I have continuity between JP2
pin 1 and JP3 pin 1. When powered the voltage at JP3 is 234mVpp so it looks
like the problem is with T3 or the DAC.

As I understand it(probably incorrectly) the DAC has a full scale output
current of 20mA so with the 220 R7 this should give arround 4.4Vpp at the
primaary of T3(4:1) giving arround 1Vpp at the secondary.

Measuring the voltage pp at R7 gives the same 234mv implying that DAC is not
at full scale and also that T3 does not seem to be working(assuming my
understanding of the transformer coupling is correct)

So what next ?

73s

Steve
G1YLB