[hpsdr] ghpsdr - questions

Michael Steiner michael at msteiner.at
Mon Aug 3 07:54:48 PDT 2009

Hello!

I'm an absolute beginner in java with no knowledge about it.

Just have downloaded the requested files and installed them in my home
directory under /home/michael/java-sdr.

Laptop with Ubuntu 9.04 with usb and serial port is in use.

Until now I used HPSDR with Atlas, Mercury and Penelope running PowerSDR
under windows.

1. Is "jack" still required?

Some previous emails sayed yes, but it was sayed by John Melton he will
probably remove it from the source files.

2. How to load the required fpga code at startup?

Under windows PowerSDR is loading some code into the fpga's through a
usb-connection.

What is used to do it under linux?

3. Which files have to be modified to adapt to my local system and where to
find them?

4. What command have I to start compiling the application?

Please give me some hints where to start.

73, Michael

OE1MSB