[hpsdr] KISS Konsole Beta V1.0.5 released

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Fri Aug 7 22:55:33 PDT 2009

KK Beta V1.0.5 is available for testing and can be obtained via SVN here

< svn://206.216.146.154/svn/repos_hpsdr_kiss/trunk/Beta Release/V1.0.5 Beta >

New Features:

* Thanks to the work by David WA8YWQ we have KK support for Penelope. At
the moment this is for SSB only. Please don't be tempted to use the PTT to
key Penny and send CW since the appropriate waveform shaping is not yet in
place.

* Full duplex operation. More jewels from David, Penelope works in full
duplex with the appropriate settings on the Setup form. Unchecking "Mute
Rx on PTT" will leave Mercury running whilst transmitting. Unchecking "Only Tx on PTT"
will place Penelope permanently on transmit. We will add
support for separate Mercury and Penelope frequencies as soon as Kirk has
V1.5 of Ozy_Janus available.

This does give you a taste of just how effective full QSK is going to be
with HPSDR.

* Full configuration for Penny, including Open Collector output control
per band/Tx/Rx together with 20dB mic boost control and gain-per-band via
the Setup form. The TLV320 on Penny is configured in C# code rather than
via the initozy11.bat file.

* Added tabs to the Setup form and group controls onto relevant tabs - by
George K9TRV.

* Enable selection of CW note frequency, first contribution by  Mark, W8XR
- welcome to the project Mark.

....plus the continual code improvements and clean ups from our resident
C# expert George K9TRV.

And..... we have an ON/OFF button at last!

Comments and feedback via the reflector please.

73's Phil...VK6APH