[hpsdr] multiple receivers

Geoff vk2tfg at ozemail.com.au
Sun Aug 2 00:54:47 PDT 2009

On Sun, 2 Aug 2009 05:10:21 pm Murray Lang wrote:

> alex wrote:
> > what is the point...
>
> Of the top of my head as a mental exercise:
> Conference calls.
> Rx server with multiple independent clients.
> Recording.
> Competitions. Multiple modes at once (eg data/SSTV + voice).
> Diversity Rx.
> Automatic monitoring of beacons (with telemetry, GPS timing or other
> novel modes of operation).
> Monitoring for multiple low S/N digital mode sources.
> Multiple packet data forwarding.
>
> What do other people have in mind?
>
> Murray - VK6HL
snipped

One idea that comes to mind for me is satellite operations. With the SSB sats
I can see one Rx locked to a beacon frequency. Given a known beacon frequency
and known transponder freqs/conversion ratios it should be possible to find a
place on the downlink (with a second Rx) and then have software place the
uplink in the right place (and keep it there). With this approach you if you
are using omni antennae you wouldn't even need recent keps. The math is out
there but this would stretch my modest talents. I don't have the skill to go
much past the concept stage with a project like this :-).

73 de Geoff vk2tfg.