[hpsdr] multiple rx

Glenn glennt at charter.net
Sun Aug 2 15:20:25 PDT 2009

</lurk>

After all the folks who have indicated potential Ham applications for multiple receivers (and transmitters!), I think the best course will be to build as much flexibility as possible into the HPSDR system interfaces to support multiple rx & tx.

What I am hearing from those who want to know "why bother?" is the same kind of viewpoint I heard in the late 70's and early 80's with respect to the idea of a personal computer. At that time, a common question was, "What would you do with it?". Needless to say, that particular question has been answered in spades.

I believe that extending the HPSDR design to include multiple rx & tx, including full duplex operation at a distance, in addition to the applications that have already been described on here, will motivate uses that have not yet occurred to anyone and in fact may not occur until the possibility of implementing them exists.

73 de Glenn WB6W

<lurk>