[hpsdr] Possible Beagleboard alternative?

Charles Brain chbrain at btinternet.com
Tue Aug 4 23:17:30 PDT 2009

I can't verify the truth of this but I was on the #Beagle channel and one of the main Beagle developers was saying
that they have asked DigiKey to slow down delivery of the Beagle Board as they have become overwhelmed
with new Beagle owners asking newbie questions.

As far as my delving into the Beagle Board is concerned I have managed to install and run the test DSP/GPP
applications using the instructions at  http://ossie.wireless.vt.edu/trac/wiki/BeagleBoard_CodecEngine
Now I have the daunting task of writing my own applications and understanding the TI docs. I feel like I am standing
at the bottom of a cliff at the moment!

I believe there is a company in Germany that makes a Beagle clone and also one in China. They are mentioned on
the Beagle Wiki http://elinux.org/BeagleBoard#Clones

- Charles G4GUO