[hpsdr] CW Paddle Performance lacking

Rick Hambly (W2GPS) w2gps at cnssys.com
Sat Dec 12 15:03:47 PST 2009

Phil,

I have been working to get all of my four sets of hardware and software working properly here. It
looks like I have another FPGA to replace soon but I have a new hot air rework station coming to
help with that.

My problem is related to using an iambic paddle with the HPSDR hardware and PowerSDR software.
Regardless of CW speed, the initial dot or dash is often cut short so that dashes sound like dots
and dots sound real short. PowerSDR's CW keyboard works fine as does straight key CW.

I am running PowerSDR on a high performance Intel i7 based computer. Firmware is Ozy 1.6, Mercury
2.9, Penelope 1.2.

If this problem has been reported before, I must have overlooked it. Do you have any insight on
this?

Rick
W2GPS