[hpsdr] repository move needed

Bob McGwier rwmcgwier at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 10:44:54 PST 2009

The repository is sustaining a large number of very large requests.  It
has gotten to the point that our maintainer is entertaining complaints
from the commercial users who are sharing the internet connection.

Flex shutdown all access to its tree (same server) and required log in
and password after the maintainer brought a complaint.  This did NOTHING
to relieve the bandwidth issue and has pissed off Flex customers to say
the least.  Several of the transactions have been the size of a CD (in
the last 24 hours) and it simply cannot be Flex or its developers
because they have been gone for days.  The entire PIPE is 1.5 mbps.

It cannot be dttsp since it has long since moved its operations to
https://www.cgran.org. It is not the issue.

That leaves one "customer":  hpsdr downloaders.  This is unsustainable.
  hpsdr, as a group, and flex as a company are just going to have to
bite the bullet and arrange for their own servers because we have all
but overstayed our welcome.  We all need a plan and soon.

Bob
N4HY

--
(Co)Author: DttSP, Quiktrak, PowerSDR, GnuRadio
NJQRP, QRP ARCI, QCWA, FRC.