[hpsdr] Bugs in KISS WinUSB code

george byrkit ghbyrkit at chartermi.net
Mon Dec 21 07:09:18 PST 2009

Dear All,
I regret that there are bugs in the KISS code that I posted to the SVN
yesterday.

I'm currently working to identify them and fix them.

The problem was that the firmware wasn't being loaded when necessary.  I've
found the problem and have fixed it.  The code is in test.  I will refresh
the code in my KISS branch (K9TRV) when it works.

There were two problems:
1) my method of detecting whether Ozy was present was defective.  That was
corrected
2) once that was fixed, I couldn't load the firmware from within KISS,
because the usb device had not yet been closed.  This caused an exception
when trying to execute initozy11.bat.  That, too, has been fixed.

So I explored alternative means to spawning initozy11.bat, and have that
working as well.  Both are in the KISS code with conditional compilation to
select the method (#if true/false, #else, #endif).  I'll stick with the
initozy11.bat method for now, as it's easier to edit it to capture error
messages by sending the output of loadfw.exe and/or loadfpga.exe to a
logfile, as Bill KD5TFD often suggests when problems with loading occur.

Vy 73
George K9TRV

database 4706 (20091221) __________

http://www.eset.com