[hpsdr] Straight key to Ozy

Greg - ZL3IX zl3ix at inet.net.nz
Fri Dec 25 15:25:42 PST 2009

Hi all,

I seem to remember a while back, that a feature was added to Ozy,
whereby a straight key could be used instead of paddles, and I believe
that this was supposed to connect to pin 5 of the DB9.  I have tried to
find a reference to this in the manual. but pin 5 still seems to be
allocated to Common for the paddles.

Can someone tell me if I was dreaming about this please?  If it really
is po9ssible, which DB9 pin should be used?  I would like to use an
external keyer for a CW contest, so that I can avoid using the CAT
feature in PowerSDR, as it takes up too many processor mips.

73 + HNY,

Greg ZL3IX