[hpsdr] Straight key to Ozy

Chris Hinkle hinkle.chris at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 15:56:23 PST 2009

On Fri, Dec 25, 2009 at 4:25 PM, Greg - ZL3IX <zl3ix at inet.net.nz> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I seem to remember a while back, that a feature was added to Ozy, whereby a
> straight key could be used instead of paddles, and I believe that this was
> supposed to connect to pin 5 of the DB9.  I have tried to find a reference
> to this in the manual. but pin 5 still seems to be allocated to Common for
> the paddles.
>
> Can someone tell me if I was dreaming about this please?  If it really is
> po9ssible, which DB9 pin should be used?  I would like to use an external
> keyer for a CW contest, so that I can avoid using the CAT feature in
> PowerSDR, as it takes up too many processor mips.
>
> 73 + HNY,
>
> Greg ZL3IX

At 11:05 PM 8/22/2009, Bill Tracey wrote:

    I've released SVN 3335 of PowerSDR @:
svn://206.216.146.154|/svn/repos_sdr_windows/PowerSDR/branches/kd5tfd/PennyMerge/bin/Release

    This is a take two on the changes  release and reverted earlier in
the week - think they are correct now.

    This code includes Ozy_Janus.rbf v 16 which refines the ptt and
keyer connections on the Ozy DB9 so that PTT, Dot and Dash are now
independent signals:   They are:

    Pin 5:  Common/Ground
    Pin 6:  Dash
    Pin 7:  Dot
    Pin 8   PTT

    If you do not have QSK selected, Mox/PTT needs to be asserted for
Dot and Dash to be effective.

I couldn't tell you which(either/both) to use for a straight key.

Good Luck

Chris