[hpsdr] Straight key to Ozy

K1rqg at aol.com K1rqg at aol.com
Fri Dec 25 17:27:40 PST 2009

Greg

The OZY DB-9 connections are listed in a message from KD5TFD 8/19/2009
listed below.
OZY 1.6 or 1.7 will work. (In fac, if you use PIN 7, any version of OZY
will work with Break In
keying selected). To use a straight key  or external keyer, connect to  PIN
7 (or PIN 6)
but only one, I use PIN 6 and PIN 5 for common. Go to SETUP> DSP>  KEYER>
and uncheck
Iambic or simply uncheck Iambic under Mode Specific Controls - CW. Leave
Break In checked
with your proper delay, and all should work for you. You do not need to use
 either MOX or PTT
if you follow these steps.

73 and good luck

de Joe K1RQG

***** High Performance Software Defined Radio Discussion List  *****

I've released SVN 3326 of PowerSDR @:
svn://206.216.146.154/svn/repos_sdr_windows/PowerSDR/branches/kd5tfd/PennyMe
rge/bin/Release

This code includes Ozy_Janus.rbf v 16 which refines the ptt and keyer
connections on the Ozy DB9 so that PTT, Dot and Dash are now
independent  signals:   They are:

Pin 5:  Common/Ground
Pin 6:   Dash
Pin 7:  Dot
Pin 8   PTT

I've also fixed the  Penny w/o Merc version check glitch that Gerd reported.

Thanks to Phil  Harman for the updated  FPGA code.

Cheers,

Bill   (kd5tfd)

In a message dated 12/25/2009 6:25:49 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,