[hpsdr] Proposal for a new Software project.

Jonathan Naylor naylorjs at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 2 02:40:43 PST 2009

> but it is not a standard ;-)

If it's published and if there isn't anything else around then it becomes a de-facto standard!

> A quick question ... using UDP how are you handling a
> client failing that has not stopped the I/Q data
> stream?  For this reason I am using TCP for the command
> interface and UDP for the data stream.

We started with TCP with the command stream, but bearing in mind that our back end has limited CPU and memory, it was decided to go to UDP and use a simple stop-and-wait protocol at the user level. KISS.

> I don't see any support for multiple receivers other than
> having a separate server for each one.

Absolutely, I hate complexity. With Linux you can do all sorts of abuse with IP addresses and ports, and having separate servers makes things simple.

> -- John g0orx/n6lyt

Jonathan  G4KLX