[hpsdr] repository move needed

KG4VPY paula at kg4vpy.com
Tue Dec 15 15:40:00 PST 2009

It could be spambots. They can hit a site for hours or even days. As a
bot, it just keeps hitting (page requests) repeatedly. There are two
factors: memory usage and load. But I would assume that whoever is in
charge of the servers understands all this. Still, I would think they
would know what the problem source is by looking at what page(s) are
requested the most, etc.

As for other hosts, I use Dreamhost and have been happy with them for 7
yrs. They now have set ups where your sites can have their own servers
(which mine is). This has resulted in very little downtime, if any,
since I switched to that. It has, however, taught me a lot about memory
usage and load.

PaulaO