[hpsdr] Mercury problem

Ken McKenzie va3nek at primus.ca
Sun Dec 20 19:41:10 PST 2009

I finally seem to have my HPSDR up and sort of running BUT, as there always
is, I have a problem with Mercury.

I am hearing a pulsing from Mercury and the pulse causes D9 and 10 to flash.
I can pickup Mercury transmitting or what sounds like transitions of noise
and pulsing at 144.380-144.390 on both a TM-700 and a Yaesu VX-6.

I have struggled with getting a computer to actually work starting with win7
the Vista and finally using an older XP laptop. The XP laptop seems fine and
all the updates and loads when in fine. PowerSDR seems to like the setup but
for the pulsing and seemingly high noise level.

The power configuration is an Alinco DM-330MV feeding LPU into Atlas.

I would appreciate any help or suggestions that anyone might have.

Ken

VA3NEK