[hpsdr] Ozy freezes on 6m

David McQuate mcquate at sonic.net
Sun Dec 27 00:27:11 PST 2009

Thanks, Phil,  Yes, I think you're on the right track--a clock "problem".
But actually, I think it results from power supply problem.  My 5v supply is
right on the edge of its capability, but, on 6m the current draw is a
higher,
and the 5v supply sags.  I suspect that Ozy's 3.3v regulator, U14 drops
out, at least momentarily,
and the FX2 loses a bit and crashes.

(Higher current power supply is in the works.)

Actually not thermal underwear, but 3 pair of sweat pants.  I dream of a
radiant heat floor.
Maybe you could send me some of your excess heat, and I could send you
some coolness!

I'll soon be assembling my pennywhistle, and then I could do some screen
shots showing the
measurement of IMD as pennywhistle bias is adjusted.

I've also been looking into FM, to see what needs to be added to
implement Tx.  Don Graham, VK6HK,
inquired about 50kHz BW FM on Dec 19.  A wide FM mode might be added for
use when the hpsdr was
used with vhf / uhf transverters.

73,
Dave