[hpsdr] Penny DB25 Pin 25 Open Collector Return

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Thu Dec 31 21:31:28 PST 2009

Hi Raj,

Pin 9 of the ULN2003 is the common point for the back EMF suppression diodes
of all the open collector outputs.  You can either use individual diodes on
each external relay OR  connect pin 25 of the DB25 to the positive
connection of your relay supply to use the diodes built into the ULN2003.

We did not connect this pin to V+ intentionally since that way you have the
maximum flexibility as to external relay supplies.

You can use the Penny outputs with up to 7 transverters.  The limitation of
2m is only a GUI| issue - you can change it yourself or be very nice to a
programmer who can do it for you :)

73s es HNY Phil...VK6APH