[hpsdr] Is this a good headset choice?

Don Kay - KI6FOM dbk-forums at cox.net
Mon Feb 2 23:08:37 PST 2009

Hello all,
I've been participating in the recent Verilog lectures but I've been
"listen only" because I don't have a computer headset. I have purchased
a few of these at various times in the past and they were all junk so
I'd like to spend a little more this time and get a good set. I have
been looking at the Heil Pro Set Media Pro listed here:

http://www.heilsound.com/amateur/products/psmp/index.htm

My question is this. Assuming I don't mind building a simple adapter
cable would it also work well with penny? Or, under the same assumption,
would I be better off buying one of Heil's ham radio specific headsets
for penny and push them into computer service occasionally?

I do have a D104 around here that I have cabled up to penny so I don't
*really* have to use the new headset for both, but I'd like to reduce
clutter on the bench if possible.

Thanks
Don - ki6fom