[hpsdr] FW: New ModelSim edition

Ray Anderson ray.anderson at xilinx.com
Tue Feb 10 11:06:18 PST 2009

________________________________

download the Xilinx version.  I assume the Xilinx version, like the
Altera version, will only work with its own >libraries.  For now, either
the Xilinx or Altera versions should work for the Verilog class labs,
but someday you may want to use the Altera libraries (I'm thinking HPSDR
projects) >and thus you should use the 6.3g from Altera or the new one
that will come out.  It will be very nice if the new one supports Linux.
Does Xilinx have a Linux version?

>Kirk KD7IRS

Kirk-

Yes, Xilinx has a Linux version of ModelSim available if you pay for a
regular license.  The free Starter version is limited to 32-bit Windows
XP platforms.

I agree, that if you are working with Altera parts you should use their
suite of tools (ModelSim included). Currently HPSDR designs are using
Altera parts, but in the future someone may come up with a HPSDR project
utilizing Xilinx parts, in which case the Xilinx toolset will be
appropriate.

73's,

Ray  WB6TPU