[hpsdr] Ground: Some questions of a newbie

Alexander Geckeler alexander.geckeler at gmx.de
Wed Feb 11 01:20:39 PST 2009

Dear all!

I'm a happy owner of a HPSDR Reveiver (Atlas, Ozy and Mercury) which I
successfully brought to life two days ago with the support of Horst
(DL6KBF) who provided me the right version of PowerSDR.

Because I feel a bit uncomfortable to have the Atlas board and the
modules on it without any housing on my desk, I will build a case for
it. Regarding this small project I came up with some questions re.
ground, which I can't answer by myself because I missed the knowledge
(To be honest, I'm a newbie).
Maybe someone of you guys can help me and give me some answers.
The questions are:
1. Is it necessary to mount ground to the Atlas board. If so, how?
2. Should Atlas be connected to the case (planned is a metall hounsing)
and the case to ground?
3. What kind of board spacer is appropriate - metall or plastic - to
mount Atlas into the case?

Many thanks in advance for your answers and help.

73, Alexander

--
Alexander Geckeler (SWL)