[hpsdr] Penelope Errata #1 dated the 09/02/2009

Jeff Cook jeffrie at talktalk.net
Wed Feb 18 07:52:43 PST 2009

Dear All,

Regarding Penelope Errata #1 dated the 09/02/2009, and in case you
haven't read it, it advises that due to T2 being positioned 180° out on
the PCB, lower than expected RF output will be achieved, and if like me
you are old, myopic, and clumsy, you may balk at the idea of desoldering
this six pin flat pack transformer, take heart, I have done it without
too much difficulty.  I used 0.8 mm Soldamop to draw off the solder, and
0.7 mm 60/40 solder to refit.  I had my iron set to 300° C and left it
on each pin just long enough to draw off the solder.  I also used an
illuminated magnifier.  Before this modification I was unable to drive
my TS-830S to its full 100 W output, now post the modification the 830
runs at fullbore.

Jeff Cook G0AFQ.