[hpsdr] Where has all the power gone.

Jeff Cook jeffrie at talktalk.net
Wed Feb 25 13:29:48 PST 2009

Dear Phil and Bill,

Thanks for your answers, didn't mean to be a smart arse, and have now
downloaded both updates and applied the new firmware.  The power meter
shows a maximum of just over 500 mW, so that looks to be bang on.

What kind of a response do the rest of you guys get when you tell your
contacts you're using an HPSDR transceiver?  Some of my British contacts
know what it is, but most of them have only a vague awareness of the
advantages of SDR.  I get the impression some of my fellow hams have an
almost phobic dislike of computers, however as SDR moves closer to being
a self-contained unit, and as proprietary radios take on board more
computer-based techniques, I guess at some point in the not too distant
future there will be a merger of technologies.

Jeff Cook.