[hpsdr] Where has all the power gone.

Glenn Thomas glennt at charter.net
Wed Feb 25 14:26:42 PST 2009

</lurk>
Hi Jeff.

We had a long discussion on this topic awhile back on another news
group. The main question that came out of the discussion - without a
soul-satisfying answer - is, what do you mean by "SDR"? For example,
does a newer rice-box radio that does most of its processing at IF
(ie. filters, detection, AGC generation etc) via software but is
otherwise indistinguishable, including the difficulty of doing
soft/firm-ware updates, from an all-analog rice-box radio still
qualify as an SDR?

Sorry if this is borderline OT. It does seem to be a question that is
of interest to the SDR community.

73 de Glenn wb6w
<lurk>