[hpsdr] Overclocking Mercury-EU

Gerd Loch g.loch at nt-electronics.de
Thu Feb 26 02:24:26 PST 2009

Hi Bill,

I must have been blind...
Thanks for the addon. It's working perfect.

I am running Mercury-EU now with a sampling clock 12.288x14=172.032MHz with
excellent results. It is also working with 12.288x15=184.32MHz. However I
have a higher noise level at 184.32MHz which can be due to the programmable
oscillator based on SI570 from Silicon Labs which is fed by a 1m long coax
cable.
Temperature of the LTC2209# is not essentially higher at the higher clock
frequency if at all. I have not done exact measurements.
The CIC filter is easily adjustable thanks to the new sw structure.
The FPGA compilation shows some timing warnings but is obviously still
working perfect under "normal" conditions.

73, Gerd
DJ8AY