[hpsdr] Failed to program Mercury

Bob Cowdery bob at bobcowdery.plus.com
Thu Feb 5 03:22:22 PST 2009

I pressed into service my wife's machine which is a pretty slow 2.8GHz
Celron. After a bit of messing with getting the right levels of software
on and a few crashes I managed to program Mercury and it all works on
air very nicely. It looks like the VMWare emulation of USB2 is very
slow. In fact I can tell from the difference in the speed it went
through initozy11.bat how slow it was. I have 2.5 on Mercury now and
that is even worse if I try it on VMWare, there is nothing discernible
as a signal so I guess it takes more bandwidth. This is a big
disappointment to me that I will have to re-evaluate how I do
development. Nothing to do with the guys who developed the boards and
software who have done a fantastic job. I take my hat off to you.

73
Bob
G3UKB