[hpsdr] processing speed

Graham / KE9H KE9H at austin.rr.com
Fri Feb 6 13:23:39 PST 2009

Georg:

The signal coming in from Mercury is a "broadband" signal between
192 kHz width and 48k Hz width, set according to the number
of samples per second.  Perhaps analogous to the "high IF output" in
a traditional heterodyne receiver.

All of what you might call, in a traditional receiver, the "low if
filtering"
and demodulation is done in the PC.  So it is working a lot harder
is you are throwing more samples at it. You can also adjust the
load on the PC by changing the "Buffer Size" under
Setup->DSP->RX Buffer Size.

There is some discussion of this in the FLEX-5000 manual:
    Chapter 4 - Audio TAB (page 90)
    Chapter 4 - DSP TAB (pages 101 - 102)
    Appendix A (pages 201 - 205)

http://support.flex-radio.com/Downloads.aspx?id=246