[hpsdr] Audio problems with 4 Feb PowerSDR and latest Ozy

george byrkit ghbyrkit at chartermi.net
Fri Feb 6 05:58:33 PST 2009

Dear all:
Like some of you, when I upgraded to the 4 Feb PowerSDR release, I suddenly
found that the  192k sample rate now produced a lot of noise and
unintelligible audio.  Dropping down to 96k sample rate seems to have
restored audio quality.

I'd certainly be interested in testing a '4 Feb' build without the extra
thread that Bill KD5TFD introduced in that build for EP4.  Unless Bill has
some other fix in mind?

So far, I'm using the HPSDR as an rx-only rig, as I don't have a Penelope
yet.  Working on 2 fronts for that, one the A&T boards that Gerd is planning
and the other the build-it-yourself partskit (I've the board and oscillator
already) that W1RT John is putting together.

Now for some Alex and power supply fun when they are available!

Good job, all!  This is fun and it's a super RX!

Best regards,
George Byrkit, K9TRV

database 3832 (20090206) __________

http://www.eset.com