[hpsdr] PennyWhistle - Call for Comments

Lyle Johnson kk7p at wavecable.com
Fri Feb 6 15:43:52 PST 2009

> Is a bare board kit preferable if it saves multiple
> months for availability?  Are you comfortable
> building a kit with about two dozen SMT parts?

By "bare board kit" do you mean supplying it like Atlas: the board is
available, and a kit of parts is available?  Or do you mean that only a
bare board is available and the builder is on his or her own to obtain
the rest of the parts?

If the former, I'm all for it.

If the latter, I'll buy it but Id rather be able to buy the parts from a
single source.

> I have a suggestion from Phil H to add a feedback
> winding to (optionally) reduce gain and increase linearity
> when used as a driver for linears.

If not hard to implement, it sounds like a good idea.

73,

Lyle KK7P