[hpsdr] Alex

Aivars Straupe yl2gvc at inbox.lv
Wed Feb 11 00:27:24 PST 2009

	 Hello!!! I think Alex price is very reasonable as always. Some
time ago I tried to count in Mouser and Digikey price only for parts.
If I remember right, I get close to 500$. Only parts!!! And not all!!!
For example GBL03C are hard to find. And a lot capacitors, which in
Alex are 1 or 2, you should buy 10, what increase price. I'm with
pleasure going to buy Alex and Penelope-EU, but my country are
impacted by crisis very hardly (because of corrupted and stupid
politics-OFFTOP). And nearest future appears in very dark colors. I
want to ask about toroid winding too. Does it increase price and how
much. May be really we all can do it by ourself? Buy toroids we can
buy ourself too. At Amidoncorp.com they are really cheap. And other
question. Which filter are better for Mercury - Alex like or PA3AKE
like. I read some thoughts about that BPF make SDR performance better.
May be M0KHZ or anybody else could make measurements, because he have
PA3AKE filters and Mercury ;-)  Aivars.YL2GVC.