[hpsdr] Ground: Some questions of a newbie

Ronald Cox w9kfb1 at mac.com
Wed Feb 11 08:03:19 PST 2009

Alexander,
I have built two systems in cases now and used metal spacers to a
metal case in both with good results. I have had good results using
cases with built-in power supplies from Antec. I have noticed that at
10 MHz an internal signal is present in the case where atlas is
located next to the computer motherboard. In my last installation, I
put the atlas board in a separate compartment, in with the power
supply where the optical drive used to be located. In this location I
don't see the 10 MHz signal from the Motherboard. No signals from the
power supply are detected in either case.

Ron, W9KFB