[hpsdr] Alex control

g4fre at g4fre.com g4fre at g4fre.com
Thu Feb 12 13:29:47 PST 2009

The spi signals come off the 10 pin "Alex" connector on Mercury

I currently use that port and a couple of spi chips to control the TX LPF on
the 100W Drake TR7 pa i have after penny

Decoding the spi signals is documented in the "Media:ALEX_P1_Binder.pdf "
document on the wiki

Dave

ww2r

Paul Beckmann writes:

I have my name on the list for a full Alex set to go with my setup. In
anticipation of the investment, I started looking more carefully at Alex.
That led me to ask: What are the plans for generation of the SPI signals to
control Alex? Can they be generated from OZY? Did I miss something in
sweeping for this info in the archives?

73
 --Paul, wa0rse