[hpsdr] Alex control

Ray Anderson ray.anderson at xilinx.com
Thu Feb 12 13:37:19 PST 2009

[mailto:hpsdr-bounces at lists.hpsdr.org]
> On Behalf Of g4fre at g4fre.com
> Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2009 1:30 PM
> To: hpsdr at lists.hpsdr.org
> Cc: Paul Beckmann
> Subject: Re: [hpsdr] Alex control

> The spi signals come off the 10 pin "Alex" connector on Mercury
>
> I currently use that port and a couple of spi chips to control the TX
LPF
> on
> the 100W Drake TR7 pa i have after penny
>
> Decoding the spi signals is documented in the
"Media:ALEX_P1_Binder.pdf "
> document on the wiki
>
> Dave
>
> ww2r

Assuming you have a Ozy/Mercury/Penelope/Alex setup then Mercury takes
care of the Alex control.

How about those cases when someone might have the system configured just
for TX with Ozy/Penelope/Alex? Looking over the docs I don't see any
provisions currently for Alex control in that configuration.

-Ray  WB6TPU