[hpsdr] Call for comments - EXCALIBUR

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Mon Feb 23 14:56:32 PST 2009

Graham,

 From my perspective this is a great idea for a kit offering!  I know
several others who want better frequency accuracy for their HPSDR
setups than the current oscillators on Mercury and Penelope provide.
Several of us have already obtained compact Rb vapor frequency
standard modules for this very purpose.

Further, I have independently been trying to develop an external
driver circuit (unsuccessfully) for bus line C16 off and on for
several months now so your diagram of the proposed Excalibur design by
itself already helps me!!

I personally would buy two such kits if they were available.  If the
kit project isn't undertaken by TAPR I will build my own versions
based on the circuit proposed (w/o the TXCO module).

Thanks for suggesting the possibility and showing us how such a design
might look!!!

73,

Joe K5SO