[hpsdr] Call for comments - EXCALIBUR

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Mon Feb 23 15:04:25 PST 2009

Hi Graham --

This looks very good.  A couple of thoughts:

1.  I'm glad to see the 22 ohm resistors in the 74AC04 parallel scheme.
  That should be ample to protect the output stages per our earlier
conversation.

2.  If there's room on the board, it would be nice to add the footprints
for an optional low pass filter and possible buffer stage to convert the
10 MHz output signal to a sine wave.  While most devices these days will
take a square wave, there are some cases where the sine is preferred.
Just a few poles of LPF with a cutoff just above 10 MHz followed by a
simple emitter follower would do the trick.

Great job!

John
----