[hpsdr] It's Alive ! (Mercury/Ozy)

Greg Beat gregory.beat at comcast.net
Sun Jan 4 13:23:27 PST 2009

Mercury came to life this afternoon -- after a few mis-starts.
Great copy on 40 meter CW this afternoon!

I will outline those areas that I had to deal with, that are likely the specific areas some owners are still having difficulty.

The Quick Startup Guide was very helpful.

1. USBIO Drive
IF you plug in the USB cable from OZY to your PC, without first downloading the proper USBIO driver, then MS Windows will have a Yellow Question Mark in the Hardware/Driver setup.
Load this proper driver FIRST.

2. NET Framework [Likely the show stopper for many!]
Although I have the NET 1.0 and NET 2.0 Frameworks previously loaded on my MS WinXP computer --
it was not until I downloaded and ran the NET Framework 2.0 SP1 files ...
that the PowerSDR software came to life and I heard audio (and saw on computer screen)!!!

3. PowerSDR Software.
Follow the instructions here, since the PowerSDR on the FlexSite will NOT work (does not have HPSDR as an option).  IF you previously loaded, uninstall via Windows Remove Programs.

4. Using the lower 1/8" plug (Line Out), I unplugged the sound systems from my computer's sound card into this jack on Mercury.  Now I can hear the receiver AF output through my computer speakers.

Keep experimenting !

greg
w9gb