[hpsdr] Mercury Audio Output Problem

Doug Bade kd8b at thebades.net
Mon Jan 5 16:17:20 PST 2009

	I am hoping someone has something to point me here as I am making no
headway... I am running Mercury and Ozy in Slot 6 and 2 respectively.
I am able to calibrate levels from a signal from my service monitor.
I am having terrible distorted and buzzing audio coming out the
bottom audio jack as well as the next one up. I have tried 2 separate
preamplified speaker sets... one my bose.... both sound fine on the
windows audio default jack.. but both sound terrible from Mercury..

It is as if some 60hz like audio is massively being introduced into
the audio.. 50 % of content like level making even speech
unintelligible in am or fm modes and obscuring my 1khz tone from my
service monitor in each mode respectively...   I have tried moving
boards around on atlas.. I have only Mercury and Ozy installed. Clock
is off Mercury in both cases. all jumpers default... From the SDR
panadapter it looks relatively normal other than I see the noise
floor bouncing up and down a few db ever second or 2....

The audio sounds heterodyne-ish.... as well as distorted buzzing....

Any thoughts???? Anyone had this happen before??

Doug
KD8B