[hpsdr] "roadmap"

Georg Prinz getpri at t-online.de
Thu Jan 8 01:48:53 PST 2009

Hello all,

I agree to Dave that we need a kind of software-bus as a standard to
start writing additional applications for HPSDR.

Awaiting mercury I am in the process to familiarize myself with the
available software and make up my mind how to realize following idea:

I would like to use a cross yagi system without phase-shifting lines. I
think it is now time to develop a solution in software by using two
synchronized mercury-receivers.

As I am at the very beginning, I have to deside where I can get the
necessary complex signal information out of the HPSDR-system. Do I have
to jump into the FPGA-code and rewrite parts of it or do I get the
information from the usb-data-stream?

Second, so far I am not sure which language and IDE should I use. At the
time beeing I know C and fortran but no object oriented language. If I
have to learn C++ or C# it would take me some more time.

I hope I will get some support from the HPSDR community.

Further more I am much interested if there are other guys
thinking/working in that direction. I can imagine that the eme-section
could be interested in such an application. In the mean time I already
started to build a bay of cross-yagis for 2m.

Regards,

Georg, dl2kp