[hpsdr] Mercury first RF in the Florida keys

Forrest Myers fmyers at hughes.net
Sat Jan 10 06:54:16 PST 2009

My Mercury arrived a couple of days ago and yesterday was the first time
I had time to work on it. I'm on a boat in the Florida Keys and have
limited resources aboard. I'd previously built the Atlas board and had
an Ozy card. I'm running Windoze Vista on a laptop which dual boots
Linux. I could never get the firmware loaded into the card using Windoze
Vista but booted the machine in Lunux and was able to load the firmware
into the radio. I then rebooted the PC in Windoze and started up
PowerSDR. Yea! It works!!
Under Vista, I can nevver get the firmware to load. About 1 in 20 tries,
it will recognize the Ozy but that's as far as it ever gets. Under
Linux, it loads the firmware each and every time with no problem at all.
Same hardware setup. I simply reboot the machine in Linux, load the Ozy
and then reboot in Windoze and run PowerSDR. It's a tedious process but
works, hi

73 and looking forward to gettint Vista to work properly with it.

Forrest Myers
AG4ND/MM