[hpsdr] Overload??

FRANCIS CARCIA carcia at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 11 18:31:27 PST 2009

Hi Guys,
I hink I have the latest software loaded but can't seem to get an overload indication with the S meter pegged and well above saturation. The HP8640B is at plus 19 dBM with a 6 dB pad on the input. Preamp on. What am I supposed to see?
My heatsink seems to have dropped the temperature of the A/D. I slid a TO5 finned radiator over the tulip TO5 holder. It runs warm so heat is comming off the A/D. The thermal pad on the bottom is still quite warm.  frank